Spinach Tomato Tortellini
- 1 bag regular sized Barilla three cheese tortellini (8 oz) or 16 oz fresh tortellini in the refrigerated section of your grocery store
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1.Begin by boiling your tortellini noodles until they are al dente (aka ready). Follow the directions on the bag for boiling time.
2.While the tortellini is boiling, chop the spinach roughly.
3.Heat a large skillet using medium heat and put the two teaspoons of minced garlic into it. Sautee it briefly until fragrant, about thirty seconds or so.
4.Add into the skillet the petite diced tomatoes (undrained), spinach, salt, pepper, dried basil, and onion flakes.
5.Cook and stir over medium high heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
6.In another bowl, combine the flour and half-and-half. Whisk until fairly smooth.
7.Add the creamy mixture into the the skillet along with the parmesan cheese.
8.Heat through and reduce the heat to medium low and continue to stir and cook until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
9.Add the drained tortellini and mix together gently.
10.Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Pasta with Beef Bolognese - Bobby... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Applebee's Onion Peels 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Pudding Jello Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Teriyaki Glazed Brussel Sprouts 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pasta Palomino 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Easter Macaroni Pie - Carla G. 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Risotto Slow-Cooker Sausage and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ham, Brie, Marmalade & Arugula... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)