Low Carb Fruit Pizza
- NUT CRUST
- 2 1⁄2 cups almond flour
- 1 ⁄2 cup sugar substitute
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and warm
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten until frothy
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 Kiwi, peeled and sliced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12-inch pizza pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the crust ingredients, mixing well.
3. While crust mixture is still warm from the butter, spoon it onto the lined pan and use a piece of plastic wrap to press it evenly over the bottom. Discard the wrap and bake crust 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove and let cool 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the filling by whisking together all filling ingredients.
5. Using a spatula, frost the cooled crust with the filling like a cake. Bake 15 minutes at 350°F.
6. Remove from oven and decorate the warm pizza with the sliced fruit toppings, pushing each piece down slightly to stick.
7. Chill pizza in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours (or the crust may not hold together) before slicing into 12 thin slices.
The longer you chill the pizza, the better it will slice and hold together; we usually chill it overnight.
This pizza may be topped with almost any of your favorite in-season fruits such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, pears, or even figs.
Calories: 305|Fat: 28g |Protein: 7g |Fiber: 2.5g |Net Carbs: 5g