Ham Asparagus Strata
This cheesy strata makes a wonderful brunch dish that you can assemble the night before. You may use Ham Or Chicken in this recipe with Asparagus or Broccoli. Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens. Chill time is 2 to 24 hours not included in preparation time.
- 4 English muffins, torn or cut into bite size pieces (4 cups)
- 2 cups ham or chicken, cubed (about 10 ounces)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut asparagus or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed and well drained or 2 cups fresh cooked asparagus or 2 cups broccoli
- 4 ounces processed swiss cheese, torn or 4 ounces gruyere cheese, cut up
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- Pepper (Salt if using chicken)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from food.com
In a greased 2 quart square baking dish spread half of the English muffin pieces.
Top with ham, asparagus, and cheese.
Top with the remaining English muffins pieces.
In a bowl whisk together eggs and sour cream, stir in milk onion, mustard, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
If using chicken add salt. Pour evenly over layers in dish.
Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree fahrenheit oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170 degrees on an instant thermometer.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.