Apple Walnut Pie
- Ingredients -
- 1 Refrigerated Ready Rolled Pie Crust
- 1-1/4 cups packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1-1/2 pounds Granny Smith Apples, peeled, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Fit ready rolled pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate.
3. Crimp edges and prick bottom of pie crust with fork to allow steam to escape.
4. Bake pie crust 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Reduce oven to 350 F.
5. Allow pie crust to cool.
6. In medium mixing bowl, beat 1-cup brown sugar with the flour, butter and walnuts. Beat until crumbly. Set mixture aside.
7. Arrange half the apple slices in pie crust in single layer.
8. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar on apples.
9. Arrange remaining apple slices on top.
10. Sprinkle brown sugar and flour mixture over apples.
11. Bake pie 1 hour, or until browned.
12. Serve pie with vanilla ice cream.