Tequila-Lime Chicken Drumsticks
Tequila-Lime Chicken Drumsticks are filled with the vibrant flavors of silver tequila, zesty lime juice, sweet honey, and clementines or orange wedges. This recipe pairs well with fluffy Mexican-style rice, cilantro rice, roasted vegetables, and/or creamy refried black beans. Serve this succulent chicken recipe as the main course for any family meal.
- 3/4 cup silver tequila
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice from about 6 to 8 limes
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4.5-pounds chicken drumsticks, about 20 drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- clementine or orange wedges, for serving, optional
Preparation time 80mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Combine tequila, lime juice, honey, salt, pepper, chicken, and oil in a large resealable bag. Place in a baking dish and let stand at room temperature, turning bag occasionally, about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip back into bag; pat dry. Reserve marinade. Place chicken on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, transfer marinade to a saucepan and boil over medium-high heat until thickened and reduced to about 1/3 cup, this should take about 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and immediately brush with glaze. Serve warm or room temperature, with clementine wedges.
You'll also love
- Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Salad in Cucumber... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Bacon Fat Tortillas 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Sour Cream-Cranberry Muffins 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Tyler Florence's Ultimate Ribs 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- General Tso's Shrimp 4/5 (62 Votes)
- Air Fried Panko Chicken 3.9/5 (32 Votes)