Ricotta Rigatoni with Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons dried basil divided
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano -divided
- 1 teaspoon salt -salt
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 5 cloves garlic - thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 1 lb box rigatoni - cooked according to
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Make meatballs by combining ground beef, 1/2 teaspoon basil, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon
salt, bread crumbs, & parmesan. Form into balls (size of your choice) and place in a large baking dish.
Bake for 20 - 30 minutes depending on the size of your meatballs.
3) Start water boiling for pasta. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet on low to medium heat. Add
garlic slices and saute for 2 minutes. Add cans of tomatoes, 1 1/2 teaspoons of basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of
oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, & 1 teaspoon of onion powder. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4) Serve pasta topped with meatballs, sauce, and 1 scoop of ricotta cheese