Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Topping
Indulge in these red velvet pancakes on Valentine's Day, or when you're just craving something sweet. The cream cheese topping makes these pancakes even better!
- CREAM CHEESE TOPPING:
- 4 ounces (half of 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons red paste food color*
- 2 eggs
- Powdered sugar, if desired
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and 3 tablespoons milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until topping is smooth. Cover; set aside.
In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients except powdered sugar with wire whisk until well blended. Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat (375°F). (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.) Brush with vegetable oil if necessary or spray with cooking spray before heating.
For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn; cook other side until golden brown.
Spoon cream cheese topping into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle topping over pancakes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
* *Liquid food color is not recommended for this recipe.
You'll also love
- Wicked Chicken 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Asian Sesame Chicken Salad... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Sausage & Cheese Pancake Breakfast... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Red Curry Vegetable Soup 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Light & Fluffy Pancakes 4.5/5 (23 Votes)