Roasted Acorn Squash with Orange Oil
- 1 T freshly grated orange zest
- 2 T EVOO
- 1 large acorn squash (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/3 c fresh orange juice
- 1/4 t kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 t fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 small sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
Preheat oven to 375. In a small bowl, whisk together orange zest and 1 T EVOO, until well combined; set aside.
Cut squash in half horizontally through its center. Scrape out seeds with a spoon and discard. Set each half cut-side down and slice into 1/2-in thick half-moons. Add to a large bowl and combine with remaining EVOO, OJ, salt, pepper and thyme. Toss to coat.
Arrange squash, skin-side down, in 2 or 3 layers inside a 9 or 10-in pie plate. Top with any juice remaining in mixing bowl. Cover with foil and bake 30 mins or until squash is fork-tender. Remove from oven and drizzle or brush hot squash with reserved olive oil mixture. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Irish Lemon Pudding adapted from... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Krisha's Farfel and Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Charred Asparagus with Shaved... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Apple Salad Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Quiche Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Heloise's Pumpkin Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Orange Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)