Pineapple Pudding Cake
- 1 pkg (3.5oz) instant vanilla pudding
- 2 C milk
- 1 can (80z) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 14 C flour
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C milk
- 1 container (80z) cool whip
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease and flour 2 9 inch pans
2. Make pudding according to package directions using milk. Set aside 2 T pudding and place rest in refrigerator. When chilled, stir in pineapple.
3. In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Continue to mix for 15 minutes. Stir in reserved 2 T pudding. Beat in eggs, one at a time
4. In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with 1 C milk. Divide batter eenly between 2 pans.
5. Bake approximately 20 to 25 minutes until top springs back. Cool on wire racks. Remove layers from pans when cool.
6. Once layers are cooled, spread pudding mixture on top of one layer. Place second layer on top. Frost with cool whip. Keep chilled.