BBQ Beef Brisket
- 1 cup chili sauce (I use Heinz and use the entire 12 oz bottle so I don't have that little bit left)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1-1/4 cup cola - (if doubling, use a little less than 2-1/2 cups) - I use Coke
- 1 pkg French onion soup mix (Mrs. Grass or Knorr onion if you can't find French onion)
- 1 3-4 pound beef brisket (trimmed)
Adapted from community.qvc.com
Stir together first 4 ingredients in small bowl.
Place brisket, fat side up, in an aluminum foil-lined 13x9 baking pan or a foil pan. (I use the disposable foil pan as this is one recipe where the couple of dollars is worth avoiding the cleanup of the pan).
Pour chili sauce mixture over brisket. Cover with foil and seal edges. Bake at 350 degress for 3 hours. Remove from oven, let stand 20 minutes. Slice brisket or shred and pour sauce over slices/shreds. (If the brisket had a nice fat layer, I remove that before slicing or shredding. It scrapes off very easily like butter after cooking)
Yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Mini Layered Pumpkin Pies in Mason... 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Tomato - Cucumber Mozzarella Salad 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy Pulled Pork with... 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Savory Turkey Injection Sauce 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Chalupa ground beef supreme 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Barbecue Beef Brisket 4.8/5 (8 Votes)