Almond Flour Pound Cake
Recipe Courtesy George Stella
- 2 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 7 large eggs
- 3 ⁄4 cup whole butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: mixer and 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, bottom lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 105mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
1. Place the rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a bowl mix together the blanched almond flour, sugar substitute, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl beat the eggs and set aside.
4. With an electric mixer on high speed whip the butter and cream cheese. Add the vanilla, lemon juice and beaten eggs and blend until smooth; about 1 minute more.
5. Combine the dry and wet ingredients together and mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the top starts to become lightly golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, about 1 1⁄2 hours. Cool before removing from pan and slice into 6 thick pieces and then cut each slice in half to make 12 portions. Serve warm or cold.
Top with fresh strawberries or blueberries and sugar-free whipped cream!
calories 287/fat 26g /protein 9g /fiber 2g /net carbs 4g
You'll also love
- Take-In Chicken Egg Rolls 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken and Feta Braid 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon infused Olive Oil Recipe 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Fantasy Pavlova 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake with... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon and Parmesan Roasted... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Chocolate Sheet Cake with Milk... 3.8/5 (31 Votes)
- Hummingbird Cake 4/5 (18 Votes)