Marmalade - Lemon
Lemons and grapefruit combine to create a tantalizing spread for English muffins,toast and even shortbread cookies!
- 3 medium lemons
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4 cups sugar
1. Peel rind from lemons and grapefruit; cut into thin strips, about 1 in. long. Set aside fruit.
2. In a Dutch oven, combine water and citrus peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until peel is softened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Trim white pith from reserved lemons and grapefruit; discard pith. Cut lemons and grapefruit into segments, discarding membranes and seeds. Chop pulp, reserving juices; stir into reserved
4. Add pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in.headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minute in boiling water canner,