Rice Krispie Carmel Apple Treats
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 10 ounce bag of marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups dehydrated apples
- 2 individual serving size packets of Apple Cider drink mix
- 1 1/2 cup caramel bits or caramel squares cut into small chunks
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies®
- Popsicle, lollipop, or other sticks
- Caramels for dipping the apples
- Assorted cookies, candies, and sprinkles for decorating
DIRECTIONS – Preparing the Treats
Before you begin cooking, rough chop 1 ½ cups of dehydrated apples into small chunks. Dehydrated apples are located next to the raisins at the grocery store.
Make sure the dehydrated apples and caramels chunks are approximately the same size. Heat 4 Tbsp butter or margarine in a sauce pan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
Stir in 2 packets of Apple Cider drink mix.
Remove from heat and stir in 6 cups of Kelloggs Rice Krispies®.
While the mixture is still hot, add the dehydrated apples and caramel chunks.
Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, tightly pack balls of Caramel Apple Treats around your stick. Make sure your hands are clean and greased well to avoid sticking.
Rest your treats, stick side up on a sheet of wax paper or greased cookie sheet
Refrigerate the treats until it is party time.
DIRECTIONS – Dipping and Decorating
Heat up a bag of caramels on the stove-top according to the package instructions.
Depending on age and kitchen experience, you can let your child dip the caramel apple treats in the caramel or you can give some assistance.
Before the caramel sets up, have your child roll their caramel apple treat in various candies, sprinkles, or crushed up cookies. You can go crazy and incorporate your families favorite treats into this recipe.
Eat and enjoy