The Mrs’s Homemade Beef Jerky
The perfect homemade beef jerky! Perfect because it has just the right flavors you'd expect from good jerky and it costs way less than store bough varieties... and tastes even better!
- 3 pounds bottom round beef roast
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cupyour favorite hot sauce (I recommend Ring of Fire)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 2 to 3 tablespoons garlic powder
Adapted from mrshappyhomemaker.com
Freeze your roast partially - this makes it easier to slice it thin. Once partially frozen, cut the roast against the grain in thin uniform slices.
Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Place the beef in a large ziploc bag (or other sealable container) and pour over the marinade. Seal the container, and refrigerate overnight - or at least for 8 hours. Drain the marinade off of the beef, and place the beef slices in your dehydrator. Run the dehydrator until the beef is thoroughly dried. Your dehydrator should have a guide as to how long this takes per your machine. It can take anywhere from 4 to 8 hours depending on your dehydrator.
If you don't have a dehydrator, you can also use your oven. Place your sliced beef on a wire rack set upon of a baking sheet, Cook at 165°F for 1 to 3 hours or until your meat is cooked thoroughly.
You'll also love
- Italian Breaded Pork Chops 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- BLT and P (Bacon, Leek, Tomato and... 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Chalupa ground beef supreme 4.1/5 (50 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Spiced Chicken and Shrimp Egg Rolls 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Loaded Baked Potato... 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Bacon Braised... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)