LOW CARB CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
- 1/2 cup of butter or part coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, plain or chunky
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Liquid sugar substitute equal to 1 cup sugar (I used EZ-Sweetz)
- 1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder, such as MRM brand
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from carbwars.blogspot.com
Butter a 5x7-inch baking dish or pan and line with parchment or wax paper, leaving an overhang on two sides to aid removal. Butter paper also.
Melt the butter and peanut butter together in a medium saucepan over low heat or on low setting in microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Mix together well.
In a second bowl, beat cream cheese to soften, and then beat into peanut butter mixture until blended and smooth. Stir in vanilla and sugar substitute.
In another bowl, whisk together the whey protein powder, cocoa powder, and salt until blended. Sift dry ingredients into wet ingredients and beat until smooth. Stir in nuts, if using. Spread fudge in prepared pan and chill or freeze until set. Remove fudge from pan and cut into 20 squares. (It is very rich, so I recommend keeping the servings small.) Store in refrigerator or freezer. May be eaten frozen.
Makes 20 servings.
Calories: 107; Protein: 1.4 g; Fat: 11.1 g; Net Carbs: 0.5 g