Rachel Ray's Turkey Meatloaf Burgers
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small mcintosh apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small rib celery, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 pound ground dark-meat turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (about 2/3 palmful)
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Sliced sharp white cheddar, for topping
- 1/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 large sandwich-size sourdough English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 leaves red-leaf or red romaine lettuce
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to melt, then add the apple, onion and celery; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the breadcrumbs, then transfer to a bowl to cool; reserve the skillet. Mix in the turkey, egg, parsley, mustard and poultry seasoning; season with salt and pepper. Form into four 4-inch patties.
2. Wipe out the reserved skillet and add a liberal drizzle of EVOO. Warm over medium-high heat, add the patties and cook, turning once, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Top with the cheddar during the last minute.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the cranberry sauce, sour cream and chives.
4. Serve the patties on the English muffins with the onion, lettuce and cranberry-sour cream sauce.