Brown Rice - Even at High Altitude
- 6 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- Salt (optional)
1. In a pot with tight fitting lid bring water to a boil over high heat.
2. Rinse rice in a colander with a large bowl underneath, swirling the rice with your hand for 30 seconds. Drain, Add the rice to the boiling water, stir once, and boil uncovered for 35 minutes for high altitude (otherwise boil 30 minutes.
3. Pour the rice into the same colander over the sink. Let rice drain for 10 seconds, then return it to the pan, off the heat.
4. Cover with tight fitting lid and/or foil. Allow to steam for 10 minutes.
5. Uncover the rice, fluff with a fork and season with salt to taste