CrockPot: Soup: (Paleo) Curried Sweet Potato, Apple and Ginger Soup
- 4 qt. crockpot (or 6 qt. would work, too - soup is more forgiving)
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 large golden delicious apple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T ginger, grated
- 1 T curry powder
- 1/2 t red chili paste
- juice of one lime
- 2 T cilantro, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can coconut milk
Put everything except the cilantro and coconut milk in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. The vegetables should be tender.
NOTE: There will NOT be enough liquid to cover all of the vegetables. That's okay. Just keep the lid on tight and the veggies not covered in chicken broth will be steamed and cook just fine.
After the veggies are all cooked, using an immersion blender, carefully blend the soup until it's smooth. (If you don't have an immersion blender, carefully blend in batches with lots of hot pads and oven mitts so you don't burn yourself.)
Add the coconut milk; blend until it's all creamy and wonderful.