Broccoli Cheddar Pockets
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 c chopped broccoli florets
- 1 3/4 c grated sharp cheddar
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- All purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 11 oz. tube refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 large egg
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Blanch and shock the broccoli. Mix the broccoli, cheddar, sour cream and chives in a bowl until combined, then squeeze the mixture together with your hands to make it compact.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare the baking sheet by lightly oiling it. On a floured surface roll out the dough and fill pockets.
Place the pockets seam side down on the baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and bake until golden brown, about 15 mins.