Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
1. Place the slivered almonds in a large skillet over medium heat to toast. Shake the pan every 30 seconds or so to redistribute almonds, just until they are golden brown and smell fragrant, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove almonds from pan and set aside.
2. Using the largest holes of a cheese grater, grate the head of cauliflower (as you would cheese). A food processor with a grating blade will also work.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the onion, garlic, and grated cauliflower to the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add the chicken broth and all remaining ingredients, and simmer for about 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender.
6. Stir in toasted almonds and serve with a slotted spoon.
It’s completely normal for there to be extra liquid in the pan when this is finished. Use a slotted spoon to drain it as you serve.
Calories: 100|Fat: 8.5g |Protein: 2.5g |Fiber: 2g |Net Carbs: 2g