CINNAMON RAISIN BRAN MUFFINS
- 3 cups shreds of whole bran cereal
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup shortening or oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury's Best® All
- Purpose or Unbleached Flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups buttermilk
Heat oven to 400°F. Grease desired
number of muffin cups or line with
paper baking cups. In large bowl,
combine cereal and boiling water. Stir
in shortening and eggs. Lightly spoon
flour into measuring cup; level off.
Add remaining ingredients; blend well.
Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full.
(Remaining batter can be stored up to
2 weeks in tightly covered container in
refrigerator.) Bake at 400°F. for 18 to
22 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve hot. 24 to 30 muffins.