- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
1. Set oven to 350 dgrees, set oven rack to second lowest position.
2. Butter a 13X9 baking pan
3. For the crust, In a processor, blend all ingredients until mixture begins to form small clumps
4. Sprinkle the mixture into prepared pan
5. Lightly press the mixture down with a spatula
6. Bake in oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
7. Meanwhile prepare the filling: in a heavy saucepan melt butter and stir in brown sugar, salt, honey and whipping cream, simmer mixture for about one minute, stirring occasionally.
8. Stir in chopped pecans and vanilla.
9. Pour the pecan mixture over hot shortbread crust and spread evenly in the pan.
10. Bake in oven again for about 20 minutes or until pecan mixture starts to bubble.