vegan beer cheese fondue
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup dark beer, divided (we used Taddy Porter)
- 1/4 cup firm silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 package Daiya cheddar shreds
- 1/2 package Daiya Havarti wedge, crumbled
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced
- 1/2 bread boule, such as sourdough
- Assorted veggies: broccoli, grape tomatoes, sweet peppers, pears, apples, smart dogs
Blend cashews in food processor until finely ground. Add nutritional yeast and pulse until combined.
Slowly add 3 tablespoons of beer until a paste begins to form. Add silken tofu and grated onion, pulsing until combined.
Transfer mixture to saute pot and add Daiya shreds and wedge. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until melted. Add jalapenos and stir until fully integrated. Add remaining beer and stir until smooth and creamy.
Transfer to fondue pot to keep cheese warm while eating. Dip bread and/or veggies into cheese with a pint of dark beer to drink!