Sausage, Pear, and Gruyere Tart
- 7 oz Italian poultry sausage
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 firm-ripe pears lengthwise, core, and slice lengthwise (1/8" thick)
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated Gruyere
Adapted from recipes.prevention.com
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Fit store-bought piecrust into 9" square or round tart pan and, following package directions, bake until lightly golden.
2. Remove 7 oz Italian poultry sausage from casing and cook with 1 small chopped onion in medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
3. Spread in prepared crust. Halve 3 firm-ripe pears lengthwise, core, and slice lengthwise (1/8" thick). Arrange on top of sausage. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup coarsely grated Gruyere.
4. Bake until pears are tender, about 25 minutes.