Iced Blueberry-Peach Soup
If you're in need of a cool summer treat, or simply looking for a refreshing meal option, you've found the perfect recipe: Ice Blueberry-Peach Soup. This light and refreshing fruity "soup" is easy to make and even easier to eat!
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) blueberries in light syrup*
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) peaches in light syrup
- 8 ounces plain, fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds or chopped hazelnuts, toasted**
- Canned blueberries in natural juices or water can also be used; add honey or other sweetener, if desired, to match your flavor preferences.
- ** To toast nuts and intensify their flavor, place nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat; shake often for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned.
Combine blueberries, peaches, yogurt, juice and cinnamon in a blender or food processor. Whirl to blend ingredients. Serve immediately. Top with toasted almonds. Tip: Chill canned blueberries, as well as canned peaches and juices, ahead so iced fruit soup is ready to serve, right from your blender or food processor!
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 170; Total fat 4g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 40mg; Carbohydrate 31g; Fiber 3g; Protein 5g