Basil Avocado Baked Salmon
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 3-4 6-8oz salmon fillets
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil (for greasing the pan)
Adapted from thepaleomom.com
1. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil (you may optionally line with tin foil and then grease). Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mash avocado until very creamy. Stir in chopped capers, garlic, basil and lemon zest.
3. Lay salmon fillets on prepared baking sheet. Spread avocado topping over the top of the salmon with a knife or the back of a spoon. Coat ¼” thick for thinner fillets and up to ½” thick for thicker salmon fillets.
4. Bake for 10 minutes (up to 15 minutes for thicker fillets). Turn oven up to broil.
5. Broil for 3-4 minutes until avocado topping starts to brown. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Asian Lemon Dipping Sauce 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Zucchini Lasagna 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Cauliflower Gratin with a Citrus... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Tagliolini with Scallops and Spicy... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Gan Shao Xia (Sweet and Sour... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Potato Salmon Patties 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Bacon, Tomato, Avocado Quesadillas 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon Baked Fish 4.5/5 (12 Votes)