Black Bean And Chicken Chilaquiles
Low calorie Chicken Chilaquiles but hearty and filling.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fat free, less sodium chicken broth
- 1 (7 3/4 oz) can salsa de chile fresco
- 15 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded queso blanco
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2) Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Add chicken; cook 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; stir in beans. Add broth and salsa de chile fresco to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
3) Place half of the tortilla strips in the bottom of an 11X7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer half of chicekn mixture over tortillas, and top with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture. Pour broth mixture evenly over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned and cheese is melted.