Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 24 -36 miniature peanut butter cups
Adapted from food.com
1. Cream butter and peanut butter with sugars and vanilla.
2. Add egg and beat.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Form small balls of dough about the size of a small walnut.
5. Note: I use my Pampered Chef cookie scoops to measure out 1 teaspoon or 2 teaspoon balls, depending on whether I want a greater yield or a fancier looking cookie.
6. Using mini muffin pans(each cup about 1 1/2 inches in diameter), place 1 ball in each muffin cup.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes (or 335 convection for 10 minutes).
8. While the cookie balls are baking, unwrap the candies completely.
9. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven (they will be very soft at this point), push a candy into the center of each ball, making the cookie into acup that surrounds the candy but does not cover it.
10. Note: To make the candies easier to push into the hot cookie, I usually keep the unwrapped candies on a plate in the refrigerator until I am ready to insert them.
11. Let cookies cool in pan until they are set enough to lift out without breaking.