- 3 C flour
- 2 C sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 C vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 3/4 C mashed ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 C pecans, chopped divided
- Cream cheese frosting
1. Stir together first 5 ingredients into a large bowl, add eggs and oil, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not beat. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, bananas and 1 C pecans. Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans.
2. Bake at 350 for 23 to 28 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and place on wire racks. Cool completely.
3. Stir remaining 1/2 C pecans into cream cheese frosting. Spread between layers and on top and sides of cake.