- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or canned peaches, well drained and coursely chopped
- Sugar to sprinkle on muffin tops
Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Add the eggs, oil, vanilla, almond, nuts (if desired) and the peaches. Stir only enough to moisten ingredients. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups.
Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins, or you can pour the batter in to a 9 inch loaf pan and bake 1 hour. (If you are using 2 small loaf pans bake 40 minutes.)
Sprinkle sugar on top of warm muffins or bread.
Nutrition info per muffin: 255 calories, 13 grams fat, 35 milligrams cholesterol, 197 milligrams sodium.