Coconut Curry Chicken
- Chicken Curry
- 3 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 12 ounce(s) skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium (6 to 8 ounces) onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium (6 to 8 ounces) red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) (from about 1/2 chile) minced jalepeño chile
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 3/4 cup(s) light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, plus additional for garnish
- Almond-Rasin Couscous
- 1/2 cup(s) couscous
- 2 tablespoon(s) golden raisins
- 2 tablespoon(s) sliced almonds, toasted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from delish.com
1.In 10-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil on medium-high until hot. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt; add to skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to plate.
2. Meanwhile, prepare couscous as label directs, adding raisins along with water.
3. To same skillet, on medium, add remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add onion and cook 3 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in pepper, jalapeño, ginger, and garlic; cook 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring. Stir in curry powder; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in coconut milk, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Return chicken to skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until chicken is no longer pink throughout. Remove skillet from heat and add cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
4. Fluff couscous with fork; stir in almonds. Spoon couscous onto 2 dinner plates; top with curry. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Total Fat 24g
Saturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 65g
Dietary Fiber 9g