Sweet Potatoes with Coconut-Ginger Topping
1 In 3-quart saucepan, place sweet potatoes, garlic, water and salt. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer covered 15 to 20 minutes or until tender (do not drain).
2 Heat oven to 350ºF. In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon melted butter, the coconut and gingerroot; spread on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
3 Mash potatoes, cooking liquid and 3 tablespoons butter with potato masher or electric mixer on low speed until no lumps remain. Spoon into ungreased casserole or serving dish. Sprinkle with coconut mixture.
You'll also love
- Avocado-Vegetable Pitas 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Tomato Egg Salad 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Turkey Cranberry Wreath 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Carmel... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Coconut Lime Cake with Meringue... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Cocada: Easy Coconut Bark 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Ground Beef Stew over Garlic... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes 4.4/5 (27 Votes)