Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Parmesan
by Suzanne Goin
- 24 deglet noor dates, pitted
- 1/4 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Twenty-four 3-inch strips of very thinly sliced bacon
- 5 leaves flat-leaf parsley
Adapted from epicurious.com
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Using a small paring knife, cut a small slit across the length of each date.
Cut the cheese into approximately 1/2-inch-by-1/4-inch rectangles (the cheese will not cut into perfect shapes, but that's OK).
Insert a piece of Parmigiano into each date.
Lay the strips of bacon out on a work space, next to each other. One by one, place each date at the end of a strip of bacon, and then carefully roll the date along the bacon strip, wrapping it tightly.
Place the bacon-wrapped dates on a roasting rack set in a baking sheet, and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
Arrange the dates in a bowl with the parsley leaves.
Remember to warn your guests that the dates are hot!
You'll also love
- Cheesy Potato Bake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Mushroom and Sweet Potato Stew... 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Comforting Cranberry-Apple Crisp... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow Cooked BBQ Pork Ribs 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Banana Walnut Bread 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Pork... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Decked-Out Dates & Pecan-stuffed... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sticky Date Pudding with Toffee... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)