Pecan Pie - (Silver Palate)
From The Silver Palate shop, from Manhattan, in the late 70's
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted sweet butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups shelled pecans, chopped
- 9 inch unbaked piecrust
- 1/3 cup shelled pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Iine a 9 inch pie pan with the pastry.
2. Beat eggs well in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, melted butter and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
3. Sprinkle chopped pecans in pastry lined pan. Pour egg mixture over pecans. Arrange pecan halves around edge of filling next to crust for decoration.
4. Set on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 10 minutes. reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes longer, or until set.
5. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before serving.