Bruschetta Chicken Pesto Tart
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 3/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon basil, torn or thinly sliced
Mix the tomatoes, garlic and balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
Roll out the sheet of puff pastry into the desired shape, spread on the pesto and top with the chicken, cheese and onion.
Bake in a preheated 400F oven until the a the pastry is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 15-25 minutes.
Sprinkle on the pine nuts, tomato bruschetta, and basil and enjoy.