Red Quinoa with Cherries and Smoked Almonds
- 1 1/2 c low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 c red quinoa
- 1/2 c dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c minced fresh chives
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t sherry vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Bring vegetable stock to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium high. Stir in quinoa, cover pot, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 mins. Remove pot from heat and let sit, covered, for 10 mins more. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
In a large bowl, combine cherries, almonds, chives, EVOO, sherry vinegar and quinoa. Stir until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.