Grapefruit, Salmon and Avocado Salad
This grapefruit, salmon, and avocado salad is so fresh and flavorful—equal parts citrusy, savory, and creamy.
- 2 skinless wild-salmon fillets (each about 8 ounces, 1 inch thick)
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, peel and pith removed, segmented
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 cups sunflower shoots, watercress leaves, or a combination of both
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 375°F. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place in a 9-inch baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with half of scallions. Bake until salmon is partially opaque in center, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a dish and let cool.
Break salmon into large pieces and divide among serving dishes. Top each with grapefruit, avocado, greens, and remaining scallions. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons oil with lime juice and season with salt. Drizzle dressing over each salad.
You'll also love
- Adam's Apple Cake 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili with... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Mocktail Mangorita 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon Pie 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Sylvia's Shrimp and Scallop Chowder 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Orangettes: French Candied Orange... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Goan Shrimp Curry 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Spicy Tuna Cakes 4.4/5 (25 Votes)