Lemon Zest Crinkle Cookies - Paradise Bakery
This is an imitation of the famous Lemon Zester cookie, from Paradise Bakery.
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- dash salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 5 tbsp nonfat lemon greek yogurt (plain is fine if no lemon available)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat together sugar and lemon zest until fragrant. Add coconut oil, yogurt, vanilla, egg and lemon juice. Beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
4. Place powdered sugar in a large shallow bowl. Roll dough into approximately 1 inch dough balls. Roll in powdered sugar to coat completely, then transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are just set. Allow to cool completely on baking sheet. Store in a loosely covered container for 5 days.
You'll also love
- Shrimp and Velveeta Shrimp Bake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Low Carb Fried Pork Sandwich 4/5 (1 Votes)
- mushroom risotto 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy hash brown potatoes 3/5 (2 Votes)
- pineapple- zucchini bread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini-Pineapple Bread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Shallot Mayonnaise 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cranberry, orange, and banana... 4/5 (1 Votes)