Crab-Stuffed Deviled Eggs
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- Fresh tarragon sprigs
Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Scoop out yolks. Place yolks from 4 eggs in medium bowl (reserve remaining yolks for another use). Mash yolks with fork.
Mix in mayonnaise, chopped tarragon, minced shallot, lemon juice, cayenne, and hot pepper sauce. Mix in crab. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Mound crab mixture in cavity of each egg-white half (about 1 heaping tablespoon for each). DO AHEAD Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Place crab-stuffed deviled eggs on platter. Garnish each with small tarragon sprig, if desired, and serve.