Champagne Dressing - (Silver Palate)
This was considered the best and most versatile dressing of The Silver Palate shop, by the owners. Make it with the best Champagne Vinegar you can find
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups corn oil
1. Combine egg yolks, mustard and vinegar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and season to taste with salt and pepper. Process for 1 minute.
2. With the motor still running, drizzle in the oil in a slow, steady stream.
3. When all the oil has been incorporated, shut off processor, scrap down sides of bowl, and taste. Correct seasoning if necessary (the dressing should be quite tart) and re-process to blend.
4. Transfer to a storage container and refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
Makes about 3 cups