Mayonnaise Sesame (for asparagus)
From The Silver Palate store, from Manhattan, in the 70's
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Oriental soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dark oriental sesame seed oil
- 2 1/2 cups corn oil
- szechuan-style hot and spicy oil *optional
- grated fresh orange rind *optional
1. In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the whole egg, egg yolks, vinegar, soy sauce and mustard or 1 minute.
2. With the motor still running, grizzle in the sesame oil and then the corn oil in a slow, steady stream.
3. Season with drops of the hot and spicy oil if you use it, and scrape the mayonnaise out into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Garnish with orange rind, if you use it, before serving
About 3 1/2 cups