BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST PAN BREAD
Recipe courtesy George Stella / StellaStyle.com
- cooking oil spray
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 ⁄2 cup sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ⁄2 cup heavy cream (may use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, minced and sprinkled with a teaspoon of sugar substitute
- 1 ⁄2 cup fresh blueberries (may use frozen)
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: 8 inch oven proof frying pan (may use 6 cup muffin tin)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray the fry pan with the cooking spray.
3. In a larger bowl whisk together the 1 cup almond flour, sugar substitute and baking powder. Add the eggs, heavy cream, vanilla and minced ginger(sweetened with 1 teaspoon sugar substitute), and continue to whisk until completely blended.
4. Fold in the blueberries, pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes until the top starts to brown. The pan bread is done when lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes. Carefully loosen the bread around the edges with a spatula, cut into 6 pieces and serve warm with a pat of butter or cream cheese!
Frozen blueberries work just fine for this recipe but use them frozen right into the batter. If thawed they will fall apart and turn the bread completely blue.
Calories 130/Fat 6.5g/Protein 10g/Fiber 4g/Net Carbs 6