30-Minute Monday- Crunchy Baked Cod
A quick and easy baked cod dish that is big on flavor and kid friendly.
- 4 cod fillets about 1 to 1-1/4″ thick (around 6 ounces each) I used ones without skin
- 20 Organic Round Butter Crackers- crushed to medium coarse crumbs (I used Annie's brand)
- 1 tsp. fresh, finely minced dill (divided)
- 2 tsp. fresh, finely minced parsley (divided)
- 1/3 cup homemade mayo
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard (depends on how much you like Dijon)
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (divided)
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from realfoodgirlunmodified.com
Heat the oven to 450 degrees and grease a glass or stone 9×13″ baking dish with clarified butter.
Pat the cod fillets dry and season with salt and pepper (I prefer white pepper on fish, but use it sparingly).
Place the fillets in the baking dish.
In a small bowl toss the cracker crumbs with HALF of the dill and HALF of the parsley.
In another small bowl, combine the mayo, mustard, 1 tsp. of the lemon juice, the remaining dill and parsley and the cayenne. Mix well.
Spread the mayo mixture on the top of each fillet. Press the crumb mixture into the mayonnaise, making sure they adhere.
Bake until the crumbs are golden brown and all but the very center of fish has turned from translucent to opaque, about 15 minutes. Spritz each fillet with remaining lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges if desired.