Apple Pie Tasties
- 30 frozen phyllo tartlet shells, thawed
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and finely diced (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
Adapted from health.com
1. Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place tartlet shells on it.
2. In a medium pan, bring cider and cinnamon stick to a boil over high heat. Boil until cider has reduced to 1/4 cup, about 7 minutes. Stir in apples, butter and salt. Continue boiling, stirring occasionally, until almost all liquid has evaporated and apples are tender, about 5 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick. Stir in cranberries.
3. Divide apple mixture among tartlet shells, using about 2 tsp. for each. (You may have some filling left over; cover and refrigerate. Use to top yogurt or oatmeal.) Bake until shells are golden brown and crisp, about 15 minutes.