Cranberry Bread Pudding
Since the first year I made this, it has become a firm family favorite and my father-in-law requests it every Thanksgiving.
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 cups bread, toasted and cubed (about 9-10 slices)
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each nutmeg, cloves, salt
- 1 1/2 cups double or whipping cream
Bring 1 cup of sugar and the water to a boil over a medium high heat. Reduce heat and boil for 5 minutes.
Add the cranberries and cook for 5 minutes until they've popped.
Place them in a bowl and refrigerate for 3 minutes.
Heat the oven to 325 F. Put the cubes of toasted bread in an 11x8 glass dish.
Spoon the cranberries over the bread.
Whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar. Whisk in the vanilla and spices, then stir in the cream. Pour over the bread and cranberries.
Put the baking dish in a large shallow pan and pour enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the dish.
Bake for 50-55 minutes and enjoy with a dollop of cream.
You'll also love
- World’s Best Tuna-Noodle... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Candied Bacon Toffee 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Red Snapper & Mango Ceviche 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Pineapple Chocolate Carrot Cake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Raspberry Jam Bomboloni 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- White Chocolate Cranberry... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)