Squash and Bean Salad
The amounts in the ingredient list are for a Large Salad for a get together. Cut the ingredients in half for a smaller amount.
- For the dressing:
- 1 lb adzuki beans (cooked overnight in a slow cooker)
- 1 lb black eyed peas, cooked to direction
- 1 butternut squash, roasted, deseeded and cubed
- 1 kabocha squash, roasted, deseeded and cubed
- 1 jar of peppadew peppers or roasted peppers, chopped well
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3-4 stalks of celery, sliced thin
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup of daikon, diced fine
- 1 1/2 cup of celery leaf, chopped fine
- 1 cup of italian parsley, chopped fine
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar or more to taste
- Juice of 1-2 lemons, to taste
Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Add the dressing and mix well. Refrigerate and serve as a cold salad.
Taste before serving. If you don't taste the cider vinegar enough, add a little more. The cider vinegar with the squash flavors set off this salad.