pineapple- zucchini bread
- 3 cups Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- One 8.5-ounce can crushed, unsweetened pineapple in its own juice, drained
Yield: Two 8x4-inch loaves
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 55min
1. Place the oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 8x4-inch loaf pans with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, oil, sugars, and vanilla. Stir in the zucchini and pineapple. Then stir in the dry ingredients, a little at a time, just until the batter is moistened and incorporated. Don't overmix.
4. Divide the batter between the two prepared loaf pans. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until the edges pull away slightly from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pans for at least 20 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely. This bread will keep well at room temperature for up to three days.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Bread for Breakfast)
You'll also love
- Dripping Roast Beef Sandwiches... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Three-Cheese Lasagna with Italian... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Tex-Mex Corn Chip Chili 4/5 (1 Votes)
- POTATO PUFFS 4/5 (1 Votes)
- CRANBERRY APPLE STUFFED PORK LOIN 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Zucchini Bread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Orange Chicken 4/5 (1 Votes)