HG's Monstrously Delicious Monster Softies
Serving Size: 1 softie (1/6th of recipe)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated), or HG Alternative
- 2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown), room temperature
- 2 tbsp. no-sugar-added applesauce
- 2 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- Half of a 1.69-oz. package (about 28 M&M's or 1 1/2 tbsp.) Milk Chocolate M&M's candy, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, brown sugar, Splenda, butter, applesauce, egg substitute, and vanilla extract. Whisk thoroughly.
Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until smooth. Fold in oats and chopped M&M's.
Spoon batter onto the sheet in 6 evenly spaced mounds. Use the back of a spoon to spread and flatten into 3-inch circles.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a softie comes out clean, about 10 minutes.