Pierpoint Restaurant Maryland Crab Cakes
- 1 lb. of jumbo crab meat
- 1 lb. of sweet crab claw meat
- 30 butter style crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 2 Tbsps. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsps. parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- juice from 1/2 of one lemon
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasonong
- 1 Tbsp. melted, salted butter
1. Clean crabmeat and set aside.
2. Combine allof the remaining ingredients in the order listed and mix thoroughly.
3. Add crab meat and gently fold in so as not to break the lumps.
4. Portion out into 8 crab cakes of equal proportion.
5. Can be cooked either of two ways:
6. Broil in a heated broiler in a shallow baking dish with a small amount of water for about 10 minutes, careful not to burn.
7. Or saute in vegetable oil until golden brown on all sides.
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup small capers
1/3 cup roasted peppers, diced fine
1 tsp. lemon juice
Chop capers and peppers and mix well in a bowl with lemon.