Raspberry Lemonade Bars
You will absolutely love these sweet and tangy raspberry lemonade bars! They are a perfect treat for a hot summer's day.
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Salt, to taste
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup flour
- Salt, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 300mins
Adapted from theimprovkitchen.blogspot.co.uk
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper so you can easily lift the bars out once they've cooled.
Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer, then add in vanilla. Add flour until just incorporated.
Dump dough in baking pan and press with your hands until it evenly covers the bottom of the dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly golden brown.
Smash raspberries in a bowl. Add sugar, egg whites, egg, lemon juice plus zest, flour, and salt to the bowl and stir to combine.
Pour the mixture into the crust (don't worry, it's a very loose mixture, it will thicken) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes depending on your oven and the sized baking dish you use.
Let cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator for 4 hours (or until they've cooled completely).
You can place them in the freezer if you need them sooner but refrigerator is best. If you let them cool overnight, they're even better!
You'll also love
- Mushroom Soup 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Cheesy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- Blueberry Crumb Cake 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Strawberry Refrigerator Cake 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- Lemon Coconut Bars 4.4/5 (65 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Muffins 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Frozen Raspberry Dessert 4.6/5 (50 Votes)